My friend Autumn and I love to read and analyze the Post Magazine's Date Lab. She sent me an email with some rules of dating in D.C. that she gleaned from reading Date Lab columns, and they were so funny and spot on. I asked Autumn if I could post her rules here and she graciously agreed, so without further ado, here they are:
- Always present yourself as super-happy, care-free and lacking any psychiatric diagnoses.
- Have a minimum of 15 interests (Two of which MUST be travel and exercise).
- Act very picky/judgmental (you MUST have a type and decide within the first 3 minutes whether your date matches your type).
- No matter the circumstances, do NOT let the first question you ask be "so, what do you do for a living?" (even though you really, really, REALLY want to know).
- Do NOT talk politics but do drop enough hints to make it clear you're on the same "side."